The Mazda Group aims to promote environmental protection and contribute to a better society while maintaining harmony with nature in its business activities worldwide.
- We will contribute to society by creating environmentally friendly technologies and products.
- We will use the Earth's resources and energy sparingly and never overlook environmental considerations when conducting our business.
- We will do our part to improve the environment by working with local communities and society.
1. Creation of Environmentally Sound Technologies and Products
We are committed to the task of creating clean technologies, including methods to achieve cleaner exhaust emissions and reductions in CO2 emissions, and the development of clean energy vehicles.
We will promote the creation of products that are environmentally friendly from planning and development to manufacturing, use and recycling/disposal.
2. Corporate Activities in Consideration of Conserving Resources and Energy
We will actively promote resource-saving and recycling activities to conserve the Earth's limited resources.
We will strive to diversify energy sources and use them efficiently.
We will promote the appropriate disposal and recycling of end-of-life vehicles.
3. Corporate Activities in Pursuit of a Cleaner Environment
We will comply with environmental laws and regulations, and will also impose voluntary controls for higher standards and implement self-regulated controls.
We will promote the development of new technologies and the introduction of new systems in our pursuit of a cleaner environment.
4. Working with Business Partners to Create a Better Environment
We will actively provide our employees with education and information about environmental protection to enhance their awareness of the global environment.
We will work in close cooperation with each other to achieve better environmental protection.
5. Creating a Better Environment in Cooperation with Local Communities and Society
We will work actively to understand and appreciate society's requirements for the environment and reflect them in our business activities.
We will disclose and publicize environment-related technologies, systems and information.
We will not only conduct our own environmental activities, but will also actively participate in social activities for the conservation of the environment.
(Established in 1992; revised in April 2005)