DELIVERING UNUSED FOOD TO THE NEEDY

Food Drive

[Japan] Chiba Mazda Co., Ltd., Mazda Autozam Ichiharakita

Food Drive

Food Drive

Reducing Food Waste and Making a Difference

Chiba Mazda and Mazda Autozam Ichiharakita have been holding "food drives" where employees and customers alike donate surplus food from home to community welfare organizations, facilities and food banks.
At Chiba Mazda, 451 employees including officers from 27 locations participated in the food drives in January and November. In addition to 550 food items, donations included 1,356 items from disaster emergency stockpiles stored by the National Mazda Dealers Association, which were soon due to be replaced. Employees who participated in the drives made comments such as, "I wanted to help people who are having difficulties in everyday life due to COVID-19," and "Since taking part in these activities, I am now more conscious about waste."

Mazda Autozam Ichiharakita held its food drive in February. Customers and employees made various comments about their participation in the activities such as, "Participating is easy. All we have to do is drop the goods off at a dealer store. If there is an opportunity, I'd like to do it again!" "I was surprised by the amount of food we waste at home. This is something anyone can do, and we really can make a difference."

Reducing Food Waste and Making a Difference

By the numbers

Duration of program:
Chiba Mazda 1 year
Mazda Autozam Ichiharakita 1 year