PASSING THE TASUKI SASH ON THE TEST COURSE

Public Service at the Proving Ground

[Japan] Mazda Motor Corporation

Mazda provides the Mine Proving Ground, which features a 3.33-kilometer circuit, as a venue for Ekiden road relay races and other events organized and supported by local governments, etc. This Proving Ground has been provided annually as avenue for the "Mine City Ekiden Road Relay Race"(organized by the Mine City Ekiden Road Relay Race Steering Committee, etc.) since the first time this event was held in 2008.

In FY2019, a total of 536 runners from 70 teams in seven categories joined the event. Participants ranged from elementary school children to adults. (A total of around 1,500 people including supporters visited.)

By the numbers
Duration of program: 12 years

Offering the 3.33-Kilometer Circuit for Event Use

Offering the 3.33-Kilometer Circuit for Event Use

Public Service at the Proving Ground

Also, the Proving Ground has continuously been provided as a venue for the "MAZDA COLLEZIONE," a part of the Mine City classic car event held in October, "la Festa Della Automobile Classica,"* since the first time it was held in 2009.
In FY2019, to celebrate the event's 10th anniversary racing driver Yojiro Terada drove a Mazda 787B and gave a talk, and there was also an exhibit of classic cars, a group drive, and a traffic safety parade. It was quite a lively event! (Around 1,800 people attended, the most in the event's history.)

* Organized by: Mine City Commerce and Industry Association,Youth Section / la Festa Della Automobile Classica Steering Committee

By the numbers
Duration of program: 11 years