International Exchange with Futsal

Supporting Multicultural Coexistence

[Japan] Japan Climate Systems Corporation (JCS)

JCS, which manufactures and sells automotive parts, has supported the Higashihiroshima City International Friendship Futsal League which has aimed to promote the international friendship and coexistence of multiple cultures, together with Hiroshima University, the Hiroshima Prefectural Police Headquarters, and the Hiroshima Japan- Brazil Association since the league's foundation in 2007, and formed a team of employees from foreign countries. The company has also provided financial and other assistance to run the league through Higashihiroshima Mazda-kai (an organization consisting of 33 corporations cooperating with Mazda neighboring in Higashihiroshima City) in which JCS serves as the chair and secretariat.

In FY2018, in addition to providing financial assistance to run the league, JCS promoted international exchanges through hosting monthly Futsal League games with about 40 participating teams and organizing the Higashihiroshima Mazda-kai Cup as an exchange event twice a year.
Students who help run the league said, "I was able to think about barriers to multicultural co-existence and how to overcome them," "Although at first I didn't quite know how to behave, we had a great time achieving cultural exchange through futsal." A foreign participant said, "It was a heathy way to have fun. I was able to spend time with people I wouldn't normally meet, and I gained a new understanding of various cultures."

Spending Time with Locals and Foreign Residents

Spending Time with Locals and Foreign Residents

By the numbers
Duration of program: 12 years