SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY drives not only technology reforms but will also result in structural reforms of Mazda´s business itself.
Distinctive design and class-leading products based on outstanding environmental and safety performance improve brand value and become a key for Sales Method Innovation which promotes sales at the price without discounting in global markets.
In addition, SKYACTIV achieves cost improvements based on Monotsukuri Innovation to generate profits even under strong-yen environment.
- Introduce 8 models which fully adopt SKYACTIV, and Increase sales mix of SKYACTIV products to 85% or higher by fiscal year ending March 2016
- Project to achieve original targets for cost improvement and efficiency improvement by Monotsukuri Innovation
- Aim at improving vehicle costs by 30%
|Performance||Improve Cost / Efficiency|
|R&D Efficiency||30% or more|
|Investment in Production Facilities||SKYACTIV-G/D||70% or more|
|Vehicle||20% or more|
(excl. additional equipment)
|100kg or more weight reduction
(equivalent to 5% fuel economy improvement)
|SKYACTIV-D||20% better fuel economy / Euro6 compliance||Better than current engine|
|SKYACTIV-G||15% better fuel economy and torque. Possible to comply with Euro6||Better than current direct-injection engine|
|SKYACTIV-DRIVE||4-7% better fuel economy / Direct feeling improvement||Same as current transmission|
- Reinforce business in emerging markets through further initiatives
|Central & South America||
- Accelerate to establish production footprints highly resistant to exchange fluctuations
- Overseas production ratio is projected to rise to 50%
To reinforce Mazda Brand, strongly promote business and technology alliances
1. Actively pursue alliances for product, technology and production opportunities to increase portfolio, drive efficiencies and share expertise
2. Offer Mazda products and technologies including SKYACTIV powertrains to OEM´s for mutual benefits