Mazda Australia (MA) aims to contribute to the local community in a responsible and genuine way, via corporate sponsorship programs. MA also supports community-based programs and organizations through the Mazda Foundation Australia.
MA employees are encouraged to participate in and support social contribution activities so that they have an opportunity to contribute to the community in a meaningful way.
Person in charge of promoting social contributions at MA
【Environment】Initiatives contributing to environmental protection
【Safety】Initiatives contributing to traffic safety
【Human resources】Initiatives aimed at fostering the next generation
【Mazda Foundation】Initiatives via Mazda Foundation
Royal Children’s Hospital
To contribute to local health care and give employees opportunities to participate in local volunteer activities
MA supports the Royal Children’s Hospital through the “Run for the Kids” running event held by the hospital every year in March/April. The money raised by this event goes toward vital research, facilities and equipment at the hospital.
FY March 2015 Results
- ■ MA and its suppliers formed a team of around 50 participants competing in the run.
- ■ MA donated money for this event and presented a Mazda2 for the first runner to complete the course.
Casual Dress Days
To contribute to the local community and promote employees’ participation in volunteer activities
MA employees come to work in casual clothing every Friday and participate in a fundraiser as part of “Casual Dress Day.” Money raised is donated to various local charity groups.
FY March 2015 Results
Approximately 250 employees participated in the activity under the leadership of the Management Team. Money raised was donated to various local charity groups.
Sponsorship for Sports Promotion
To promote sports
MA is the major sponsor of the North Melbourne Football Club team, prominent club in the Australian Football League.
FY March 2015 Results
MA has extended the partnership until the end of the 2016 AFL Premiership season. MA donated money, and lent 16 vehicles for this fiscal year.
Sponsorship for Arts and Culture
To support arts and enrich Australia’s cultural scene and the lives of the community
MA has been a long-time supporter of Art Exhibitions Australia (AEA) spanning 20 years, bringing some of the world’s most revered artwork to Australia and allowing over 4 million people to experience it firsthand.
Also the partnership with Opera Australia now spans 12 years in total and has scaled new heights with their elevation to Principal Sponsor over the past four years.
FY March 2015 Results
- ■ MA sponsored Melbourne Winter Masterpieces exhibition, Italian Masterpieces from Spain’s Royal Court, at the National Gallery of Victoria. MA has sponsored a total of two AEA exhibitions.
- ■ MA supported the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, one of the country’s premier open, as Opera Australia’s Principal Partner. MA has committed to introducing opera to a wider audience, this free concert celebrates the magic and memorable moments in opera. Mazda Opera in the Bowl featured some of the greatest arias and most beautiful overtures in a fantastic program of songs and duets.
Mazda Foundation Australia
Mazda Foundation Australia (MFA), established in August 1990, has been providing funds to various initiatives, including education, environmental conservation, technology promotion, and welfare. MFA has contributed over A$ 8 million from inception. Apart from special fundraising functions, MFA is supported by generous contributions from MA as well as Mazda Dealers and public donations (FY June 2014: over A$ 700,000 contribution).
Support for Various Charitable Activities
【Human resources】【Community】【Mazda Foundation】
To support community-based organizations that help children / elderly people with physical and/or mental disabilities or their carers, particularly projects seeking to address social isolation.
Initiatives/FY June 2014 Results
MFA supported many projects including the followings which provide various programs for children / elderly people.
- ■ Good Shepherd Youth & Family (Supporting people, especially women and girls, struggling against poverty and disadvantage)
- ■ Fitted for Work (Helping women experiencing disadvantage get work and keep it)
- ■ Best Life (Offering the highest quality away-from-home experiences for 6 to 19 year olds who live with disability)
- ■ Sailability QLD (Supporting the activity of Sailing enriches the lives of people of all abilities – the elderly, the financially and socially disadvantaged as well as people with physically challenges)
- ■ Musgrave Hill Parents Support Group (Supporting the Musgrave Hill Early Childhood Development Unit, for 0 to 5 year children with special needs)
- ■ Amputee Association (Helping provide information and assistance to all amputees in the community)
- ■ Down Syndrome Victoria (Providing parents, families, professionals and friends of people with Down syndrome with support, encouragement, information and resources)
- ■ The Epilepsy Association of SA and NT (Providing services and support for people with epilepsy and their families throughout South Australia and the Northern Territory)
- ■ Montrose Access (Providing support services to clients with physical disabilities and their families to assist these clients to achieve their maximum individual potential for participation in the community)
- ■ The Deaf Society of NSW (Providing specialist services for Deaf and hard of hearing people and their families in New South Wales as well as deaf people with additional needs)
- ■ Wheelchair Sports NSW (Providing a range of innovative sporting programs, wheelchairs, facilities, financial assistance)
- ■ Very Special Kids (Providing a children's hospice and professional family support services)
- ■ QLd Police Citizens Youth Welfare Association (Offering outstanding crime prevention and youth development programs and Indigenous programs)
- ■ Guide Dogs of Blind QLD (Supporting serves the visually impaired)
- ■ Uniting Care Casino Transport (Supporting the person without the necessary transport, when it is needed)
- ■ St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (Supporting to raise awareness of the issue of antibiotic resistant organisms – in particular, carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae)
- ■ Special Olympics (providing year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with an intellectual disability)
- ■ Autism Awareness (Dedicating to increasing awareness of autism in the community by providing targeted educational programs for parents and professionals, etc.)