CSR

Supporting Local Sports and Arts

Supporting Hiroshima's Three Major Professional Organizations

[Japan] Mazda Motor Corporation

Sanfrecce Hiroshima

Sanfrecce Hiroshima

Mazda supports the local professional football team, baseball team, and orchestra in order to promote local sports and culture.
During FY2017, in addition to serving as the uniform sponsor for Sanfrecce Hiroshima, we also sponsored Sanfrecce Hiroshima Mazda Day during the match against Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo at Edion Stadium Hiroshima in September (management-employee cooperation program).

The first 7,000 arrivals were given towels/scarves featuring a collaborative design produced by Mazda and Sanfrecce Hiroshima, and a parade that included Mazda cars was held at half-time.

Hiroshima Toyo Carp

During FY2017, in addition to serving as the uniform sponsor for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, we also sponsored Carp Mazda Enjoy Day during a game at Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima in July (management-employee cooperation program). The first 6,000 arrivals were given Carp Hand Fans. Employees and their families threw the ceremonial first pitch and participated in a parade that included Mazda cars.
In addition, we offered cars (two Mazda Atenzas) for the victory parade after the Hiroshima Toyo Carp won the Central League pennant for the second year in a row. The baseball players and Mazda staff who participated shared in the joy with the many fans and local residents who gathered on the roads along the path of the parade.

Mazda also made a carbon offset of an estimated 117 tons of CO2 emissions for the lighting of night games at Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima (the Hiroshima Municipal Baseball Stadium for which Mazda acquired naming rights). The carbon offset credit was created by Hiroshima Prefecture through CO2 absorption by forests.
Mazda has supported this carbon offset initiative by Hiroshima Prefecture to "foster the forests of Hiroshima Prefecture to absorb CO2 emissions", and proposed its utilization at Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima through an agreement with Hiroshima Prefecture, Hiroshima City, and the Hiroshima Toyo Carp since FY2013.

Hiroshima Toyo Carp

Hiroshima Symphony Orchestra

In FY2017, Mazda supported the inauguration of Tatsuya Shimono as General Music Director of the Hiroshima Symphony Orchestra, and served as a premium co-sponsor of the 372nd regular concert. We also hosted regular concert events in the lobby of the Mazda Head Office four times throughout the year, which were attended by a total of 780 people (including visitors from neighboring regions).

Attendees provided comments such as, "Beautiful music and pleasant conversations rejuvenate my spirit and help me to forget about my busy life" and "I felt at peace for a short time during this wonderful performance."

Hiroshima Symphony Orchestra