- ■ This report presents Mazda’s CSR initiatives in the six areas—Customer Satisfaction, Quality, Safety, Environment, Respect for People, and Social Contributions—primarily regarding the targets and results of these initiatives.
- ■ Social contribution initiatives in Japan and overseas are reported in Mazda Sustainability Report 2016—Social contribution version.
- ■ Aiming to satisfy the needs of readers, Mazda determined the editorial policy and content of this report in reference to the third party opinion and stakeholders’ ideas and views obtained through the questionnaire survey and engagements with stakeholders.
The entire Mazda Group, including Mazda Motor Corporation and its Group companies, is covered in this report. (Where the reporting item is not applicable to the entire Mazda Group, the organizations covered are specified.)
The report primarily covers the period from April 2015 through March 2016, although some activities after April 2016 are included.
Scope of the Report
Social, environmental, and economic data are included in this report.
* For more details about economic data, see Mazda's website Investor Relations & Annual Report.
The Core option of GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines is complied with.
Ministry of the Environment’s Environmental Reporting Guidelines (2012 Edition)
Ministry of the Environment’s Environmental Accounting Guidelines (2005 Edition)
Table of comparisons for GRI Guidelines and ISO 26000 can be viewed on the website.
Date of Publication (In-depth version and Social contribution version)
Japanese version: August 2016 (The previous report was published in August 2015; the next
report will be published in the summer of 2017).
* The 2016 digest version (PDF / Booklet) is published in September 2016.
English version: September 2016 (The previous report was published in September 2015; the
next report will be published in autumn 2017).
* The 2016 digest version (PDF / Booklet) will be published in October 2016.
Approach to Reporting Information
Mazda discloses information in the following formats.
This report includes future projections for Mazda Motor Corporation and its Group companies’ performance based on plans, forecasts, management plans, and strategies at the time of publication, in addition to actual past and resent facts. Such forward-looking statements are predictions based on information or assumptions available at the time of edit, and may differ from future operational results due to changes in circumstances.
Issuing Department: CSR & Environmental Department, Mazda Motor Corporation
Request for cooperation in answering our questionnaire survey
Please share your opinions and comments with us regarding this Report as well as Mazda's CSR initiatives.