Mazda is fulfilling its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen through ongoing involvement in socially beneficial activities tailored to the needs of local communities.
As a company engaged in global business, Mazda is fulfilling its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen through ongoing involvement in socially beneficial activities tailored to the needs of local communities, in order to ensure that its business activities contribute to the building of a sustainable society.
- Proactive, ongoing responses to social needs through the core business activities of the Mazda Group in Japan and overseas
- In collaboration with local communities, contribute to the development of a sustainable society through activities tailored to the needs of communities
- Emphasize and provide support for self-motivated volunteer activities by employees, and incorporate diverse values to foster a flexible and vibrant corporate climate
- Proactively disclose the details of activities and engage in a dialogue with society
Mazda promotes activities that are strongly rooted in local communities. Its social contribution activities are underpinned by the three pillars of environmental and safety performance, human resources development, and community contributions.
The Social Contribution Committee Working Group comprises members selected from among Mazda employees regardless of their age or position. The members hold discussions and share information on social contribution-related issues and specific activities, so that not only their respective divisions can fulfill their roles, but also the entire Mazda Group will act as a good corporate citizen. Every time members meet, they discuss in a free and open-minded manner and stimulate each other through exchange of different views and values, helping to come up with better ideas. The working group members also participate in meetings of the Social Contribution Committee, where they advance their opinions directly to management.
In May 2010, Mazda established the Social Contribution Committee. The role of this committee, which meets regularly (twice a year), is to discuss issues facing the entire Mazda Group and share information, based on the policy decided by the CSR Management Strategy Committee. The details of actual activities will be considered by Working Group comprised by related divisions. Through the committee's activities undertaken since 2010, Mazda has enhanced information collection and utilization from a global and Group standpoint. Specific activities are carried out based on the budget plan at each region or department *1
- *1In Japan, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Colombia, the Mazda Foundation in each country separately undertakes various activities.
Mazda offers support to help employees become actively involved in volunteer activities.
- Providing volunteer opportunities (Specialist Bank, Volunteer Center, etc.)
- Providing volunteer training opportunities (training programs organized by the Hiroshima City Council of Social Welfare, etc.)
- Subsidizing part of the cost of activities (Mazda Flex Benefits, etc.)
- Enabling employees to take leave for activities (volunteer leave such as the Special Warm Heart leave system, etc.)