AutoAlliance (Thailand) (AAT) and Mazda Sales (Thailand) (MST) execute various social contribution activities in Thailand.
AAT is supporting activities related to human resources, and the safety and health policy of AAT, with the aim of promoting safety and health awareness in its employees and communicating its visions to local community. MST is fulfilling its responsibilities as a good corporate citizen.
To promote safety and health awareness and to communicate its visions to local community
The Occupational Health and Safety Committee in AAT has been cooperating with AAT's Hope Club to promote the "Safety at School Project". It also supports the community for HIV/AIDS at House of Grace Child Foundation, which is the workhouse for taking care of children affected by HIV/AIDS.
Safety at School project
- Lunch program to support healthy life at Ban Khlong Mali Prawat Wittaya School, Chanthaburi province
- Donation of stationary supplies and sport equipment, and also in the support of school education program by repairing and checking school utility and equipment, etc.
HIV/AIDS Social Responsibility
- Support for the Camillian Social Center at Christmas Party by donating money, stationary supplies, and consumer products (around 60 children participated in total)
To support development of students in Thailand
AAT has been highly recognized for its education initiatives since 1998, with an ongoing "internship program" for around 20 undergraduate students from each university during the March—May period of each year. This allows the students an opportunity to observe how AAT's production process operates. AAT collaborates with many universities to provide on-the-job training, in line with the academic programs under Ministry of Education regulations. AAT is a company that helps produce highly qualified graduates who are able to contribute to the development of Thailand.
AAT provided an opportunity for around 30 students from universities to join its internship program where they get more knowledge and experience from real working.
To support charitable organizations and activities for local communities in Thailand
AAT and its employees participate in numerous charity activities
- AAT and its suppliers donated money to the charity of Father Ray Foundation for helping underprevileged children, young people with disabilities, and the people suffering from poverty in Thailand. AAT supported community by setting up the event and inviting suppliers to participate.
- Around 1,600 employees from AAT donated blood through the Thailand Red Cross Society for sick or injured people.
To support elderly people who do not have any relatives or whose family do not have time to take care of them
AAT supports the alms home where elderly people stay, by donating equipments and money.
AAT started new activity for the occasion of National Mother Day in Thailand for the elderly people who need the morale support as they stay away from their family at the alms home. This place needs the budget to improve the place to have a good environment. AAT conducted auction activity with the assisitance of AAT managements. This activity opened to everyone to do auction, and many AAT employees were interested and participated the activity. All auction cash was donated to Alms Home in Chonburi. AAT management and employees representative went to the alms home to hand over the donation.
To support elementary school in the northern part of Thailand
MST supported elementary school children of hilltribes in the northern part. Taking the opportunity of media test drive between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai in November, MST organized events to promote interaction with the children. MST donated stationery and sports equipment, and supported them by building a watering hole on the school grounds, and painting wall to be blue sky depicted white clouds, reminding us of SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY.