Eva RabungCoordinator Press Portal, Public Relation
(SOS Children's Village Ambassador)
Making use of Mazda's wide-reaching network, Mazda Motor Europe (MME) and national sales companies in Europe employ the "ONE MAZDA" approach and have carried out far-reaching activities rooted in local communities. In order to help make children happier, Mazda has focused on supporting children in Europe.
To support the activities to care for and protect children who are unable to live with their own families in Europe
MME and many national sales companies in Europe have been working with SOS Children's Villages in their respective countries.
SOS Children's Villages is a worldwide organization that enables children to have a loving home with parents or caregivers. At each of the participating national sales companies, one "ambassador" (local project coordinator) is chosen from the employees to lead charitable activities in each country. As Mazda's unique approach, MME and the sales companies also support vehicle transportation and volunteering by their employees.
|2008||Pan-European, Germany, Austria, Belgium/Luxemburg , Czech, Hungary, Croatia|
Pan-European Mazda Motor Europe (MME)
- Supported SOS Children's Villages generally by selling Christmas and greeting cards in the canteen, and raised awareness with displays and brochures in the headquarters.
- Organized a charity raffle where more than 1,000 raffle tickets were sold.
Germany Mazda Motors (Deutschland) (MMD)
- Funded a part of the renovation costs of a multifunctional room of the SOS Youth Centre Dusseldorf Gareth (near MMD's headquarters).
- Sponsored a tutor for one year supporting the teenagers visiting the SOS youth centre.
- Supported the SOS organization in Dusseldorf Garath at the official opening celebration Fun Day in September 2011. Approximately 40 MME and MMD employees helped to organize the day, baking waffles and conducting a Mazda bobby car race.
Austria Mazda Austria
- Supported the crisis group home "Barbakus House", a therapeutically-assisted living group at the SOS Children's Village in Moosburg/Kärnten
- Loaned three Mazda2 to a new SOS Children Village project "MoFa (Mobile Families)" and hosted an event where a graffiti artist from Mazda Austria and children from the SOS project jointly designed a graffiti logo on a large wall.
- Invited teenagers from SOS Children Village to Mazda Austria for job trials in some departments. The two-day internship was arranged during the semester break week in February.
Spain Mazda Automoviles Espana (MAE)
- Donated money for every Mazda car sold in Spain to support the BSOS campaign*1, aiming to help 20,000 children not only in Spain but also in Africa and Latin America.
- Donated a used Mazda2 to a vocational training center of SOS Children's Village near Madrid in February.
- Loaned two Mazda5 to the local SOS organization for transportation.
- Invited children of SOS Children's village to various events. They enjoyed the events with MAE's employees.
- *1 The campaign is aimed at one million donations. Its name is a play with the words "besos" (Spanish for kiss) and SOS.
Belgium/Luxemburg Mazda Motor Belux (MMB)
- Organized a charity walk with MMB employees, friends and family members. In addition, the employees at MMB raised money by selling Easter chocolate eggs.
Italy Mazda Motor Italia (MMI)
- Supported SOS Children's Village by organizing a special two day "Solidarity Shopping" at MMI's headquarter in December 2011, raising money for the SOS Children's Village in Ostuni.
Czech Republic Mazda Motor Czech Republic (MMCZ)
- Supported a first-aid facility for children in need in Karlovy Vary
- Conducted a photo contest together with a Japanese camera manufacturer for SOS children, offering various events to support the children finding motifs for their pictures. MMCZ also cooperated with Mazda fan clubs to celebrate the camera handover ceremonies with a ride in Mazda MX-5, providing opportunities to take pictures of Mazda MX-5.
Hungary Mazda Motor Hungary (MMH)
- Loaned a Mazda5 for one month to the SOS Children's Village for the children travelling to their biological parents (including fuel and insurance).
- Organized a drawing competition and a fun day for children. The winning picture was applied on the Mazda5.
Croatia Mazda Motor Croatia (MMC)
- Funded the maintenance of the SOS Children's Village Lekenik. It covers overheads (electricity, gas, water, etc.) for two houses for one year period.
- Sent MMC's employees to SOS Children's Village in February 2012 to play with children outside on the snow.
Netherlands Mazda Motor Nederland (MMN)
- Donated a part of the profits from sales of the Christmas cards of MMN through a special charity website.
To contribute to a cleaner city
MME and MMD employees have been voluntarily participating in the yearly cleanup campaign "Wir für unsere Stadt" (We for our city) in Leverkusen, as being part of the community. To have fun and spend some time together doing something positive for the community is also the goal of this initiative.
Approximately 30 employees from MME and MMD joined the clean-up campaign on a voluntary basis in May 2011. The participants collected no less than twenty bags of garbage over a three-hour period.
To make the community safer
MME installed two new street lamps where bicycle lane crosses near the exit of MME's Head Office to make the bicycle drivers more visible to the car drivers and vice versa.
To support various organizations
Mazda Motors UK (MMUK) and its employees participate in numerous charity activities.
MMUK and its employees focused on "Giving Something Back" through various charitable activities like monthly Dress-Down Day on which employees go to work in casual clothing and raise money via cake sales and their familiar tombola nominating charities.
Through various charity activities, MME and its employees donated money to the organizations listed below. Suppliers also supported MMUK by donating gifts for Christmas auctions.
- The British Heart Foundation, through employees' participation in the London to Brighton Bike Ride
- Action Medical Research, the NSPCC, Multiple Sclerosis Society and Breast Cancer Research, through employees' participation in enduring bike rides, Dragon Boat Race and 26-mile Moon Walk.
- The Motor Industry Benevolent Foundation (BEN) (MMUK initiative)