National Finance Managers
Mazda Australia (MA) aims to contribute to the local community in a responsible and genuine way, via corporate sponsorship programs. MA also supports community-based programs and organizations through the Mazda Foundation Australia.
MA employees are encouraged to participate in and support social contribution activities so that they have an opportunity to contribute to the community in a meaningful way.
To contribute to local health care and give employees opportunities to participate in local volunteer activities
MA supports the Royal Children's Hospital through the "Run for the Kids" running event held by the hospital every year in March/April. The money raised by this event goes toward vital research, facilities and equipment at the hospital.
- MA and its suppliers formed a team of around 50 participants competing in the run.
- MA donated money for this event and presented a Mazda2 for the first runner to complete the course.
To contribute to the local community and promote employees' participation in volunteer activities
MA employees come to work in casual clothing every Friday and participate in a fundraiser as part of "Casual Dress Day." Money raised is donated to various local charity groups.
Money raised was donated to various local charity groups.
To promote sports
MA is the major sponsor of the North Melbourne Football Club team, prominent club in the Australian Football League.
MA extended partnership that started in 1999 out to 2016, donated money, and lent 16 vehicles. MA also supported the team through open training sessions for customers, pre-match games for dealers and corporate seats provision.
To support arts and culture
MA has provided support for Art Exhibitions Australia (AEA) since 1994 as a premium sponsor and for Opera Australia for 10 years, sponsoring free-of-charge outdoor performances.
- As a longstanding supporter of the arts, MA sponsored Monet's Garden: The Musée Marmottan Monet in Melbourne during 2013. MA has sponsored a total of 16 AEA exhibitions including Melbourne Winter Masterpieces exhibition. Attendance for the exhibitions sponsored by MA was approximately 3.6 million in total.
- MA donated money to Opera Australia. At Mazda Opera in the Bowl 2013 in Melbourne and Mazda Opera in the Domain 2013 and 2014 in Sydney, around 8,000 people attended each. On the stage of new opera event on Sydney Harbour 2014: Madama Butterfly, the Japanese soprano got a thunderous ovation.
To support recovery and relief efforts for victims of natural disasters
MA raised money for victims of mountain forest fire disaster in New South Wales in Australia from the middle of October to the beginning of November, 2013. MA matched donations made by the Australian dealer network to the disaster relief appeals throughout the year.
Mazda Foundation Australia (MFA), established in August 1990, has been providing funds to various initiatives, including education, environmental conservation, technology promotion, and welfare. MFA has contributed over A$ 7 million since its establishment (FY June 2013: around A$ 870,000 contribution).
To support projects aimed at the preservation of specific endangered flora and fauna within Australia
MFA supported following projects to secure the nature for Australia's precious wildlife including rainforests and also to enrich the quality and the quantity of the nature.
- Rainforest Rescue (Protecting and restoring rainforests in Australia and internationally)
- Conservation Ecology Centre Otway (Nationally registered non-profit ecological research)
- Greening Australia (Protecting and restoring the health, diversity and productivity of Australian unique landscapes)
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens (Supporting enrich Tasmania's social and cultural environment)
- Zoological Parks and Gardens (Zoo-based conservation organization for wildlife and wild places)
To support community-based organizations that provide services addressing the psychological and social impact experienced by the long term unemployed
MFA supported following projects which provide various programs for young people.
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation (Supporting food education in schools)
- Reach Foundation (Supporting education to young people)
- Ardoch Youth Foundation (Supporting education to disadvantaged children and young people)
- Aboriginal Literacy Foundation (Supporting literacy and numeracy education for all aboriginal children)
- University of New South Wales (Collaborating with leading Australian integrated energy company)
- Fair Business (Supporting those suffering from entrenched disadvantage)
- University of Technology (One of Australia's leading universities of technology)
- University of Melbourne (Distinctively contributing society in research, learning and teaching and engagement)
- McCallum Disability Service (Supporting disabled people)
- Good Shepherd Youth & Family (Supporting people, especially women and girls, struggling against poverty and disadvantage)
- YWCA NSW (Supporting vulnerable individuals, families and communities at critical periods in their lives regardless of age, gender or religion)