Mazda tracks ecological data to help reduce the environmental impacts of its corporate activities in all areas.
- *1 Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and distribution volume are calculated using the heat coefficient and CO2 coefficient based on standards of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA) (voluntary action plan). (For FY March 2013, the FY March 2012 coefficients are used.) Figures for consolidated subsidiaries and equity-method Group companies are prorated based on the percentage equity stake held by Mazda. CO2 emissions resulting from power consumption by overseas companies are calculated by applying the coefficient used in CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion (2012 Edition) published by International Energy Agency (IEA).
- *2 CO2 emissions are calculated as 169 g-CO2/person-km for private automobiles, 18 g-CO2/person-km for railways, 48 g-CO2/person-km for buses, and 102 g-CO2/person-km for aircraft, based on Carbon Dioxide Emissions in the Transport Sector, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Source (Japanese language): http://www.mlit.go.jp/sogoseisaku/environment/sosei_environment_tk_000007.html
- *3 Scope 1: Direct emissions from consumption of fuels and in industrial processes, Scope 2: Emissions associated with consumption of purchased heat/electricity (indirect emissions from energy consumption)
- *4 Scope 3: Other indirect emissions (Based on Mazda's own calculation method) Category 3: Fuel- and energy-related activities not included in Scope 1 or 2, Category 8: Upstream leased assets, and Category 13: Downstream leased assets are included in the greenhouse gas emissions in plants and offices. Calculation for Category 2: Capital goods is in preparation. Category 10: Processing of sold products is omitted because emission volume is very small. Category 14: Franchises is omitted because Mazda has no franchise system. Category 15: Investments, for group companies, is included in the greenhouse gas emissions in plants and offices.
- Data collection period:
April 2012 to March 2013
- Scope of data collection:
Area A: Mazda Motor Corporation, 23 domestic and 10 overseas consolidated Group companies, and 9 domestic and 4 overseas equity-method Group companies
Area B: Mazda Motor Corporation, 23 domestic consolidated Group companies and 9 domestic equity-method Group companies
Area C: Mazda Motor Corporation
Mazda Engineering & Technology Co., Ltd., KURASHIKI KAKO Co., Ltd., Mazda Logistics Co., Ltd., Mazda Ace Co., Ltd
Hakodate Mazda CO., Ltd., Tohoku Mazda Co., Ltd., Fukushima Mazda Co., Ltd., Kita-Kanto Mazda Co., Ltd., Koushin Mazda Co., Ltd., Kanto Mazda Co., Ltd., Shizuoka Mazda Co., Ltd., Tokai Mazda Sales Co., Ltd., Hokuriku Mazda Co., Ltd., Keiji Mazda Co., Ltd., Kansai Mazda Co., Ltd., Nishi-Shikoku Mazda Co., Ltd., Kyushu Mazda Co., Ltd., Minami-Kyushu Mazda Co., Ltd., Okinawa Mazda Sales Co., Ltd., Mazda Autozam, Mazda Chuhan Co., Ltd., Mazda Motor International Parts sales company: Mazda Parts Co., Ltd.